Synopsis: In this exercise, attendees will learn to utilize the Log Analytics feature of Azure to create Power BI Reports.
Task 1: Export a Power Query formula from Log Analytics
- Select Monitor, then select Log Analytics.
- Select All collected data.
- Update the search textbox to be search * | where Type == “SecurityDetection.“
NOTE: If you wanted to see things that were specific from your IP address you can add | where ExtendedProperties contains “X.X.X.X” to the query.
- Select the Run button.
- In the Log Search dialog, select the Power BI link.
- Select Open, a text document with the Power Query M Language will be displayed.
- Follow the instructions in the document to execute the query in Power BI.
- Close Power BI.